Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere for a variety of reasons.
Sometimes the floor is wet and slippery or there is an obstruction in the walkway that trips your foot. No matter what the cause is, if a person is injured due to a slip and fall in the workplace or in a public place, the employer or business may be liable for those injuries. Determining a slip and fall settlement is determined by several factors such as negligence and liability. There are several common injuries associated with slip and fall accidents, the compensation is awarded for different categories of injury, including medical bills, attorney fees, as well as pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Slip & Fall
We know accidents can sometimes be embarrassing and that you may initially feel as if you’re not seriously injured, and/or that it was your fault, and you may want to move on quickly after your slip and fall. Unfortunately, that’s exactly what you shouldn’t do.
What you should do is:
- Get immediate medical attention if necessary
- Ask for a manager – file incident report – get copy
- Get contact information of witnesses
- Use your cell phone to take pictures
We Can Help
You will be glad you allowed us; we have legal and professional experience, including resources to prove your slip and fall was due to the negligence of others. Among the many ways we help you are:
- Locate the insurance coverage and identify defendants
- Deal with insurance company
- Gather and preserve evidence
- Stay apprised of your medical care and document damages
- Build your case to show how and why the defendant was negligent
Injuries can overwhelm your life, don’t let this happen. If you have been seriously injured as a result of slip and fall or trip and fall contact the Kurt Thompson Law Group immediately at 1-888-487-8971. We’re available to you 24/7, nights and weekends.